I am back from vacation, and ready to show you my projects created with Flying Unicorn's July Kit of the Month!!! Today I am starting off with a layout of my newest Grand-son Jackson. He is so stinking cute!!!
Once again I have no closeups. I was in a rush to get my projects done before I left on vacation, so I took minimal photographs.
I started by adding a wash of gesso to my background, covering mainly the top 2/3 of the paper. I ran some molding paste through the stencil, going across the paper, making sure to add mountains and valleys or highs and lows. Once that was dry, I misted with the Tea Stain, and Pastel Cobalt sprays and added Ground Espresso ink to my edges.
I fussy cut some of the ephemera and aged with the same ink, and used these pieces as photo mats. I also cut a slit in the envelope, to insert more ephemera as well as a Wellington Bear Topper. In the bottom corner I fussy cut the leaves, aged with the brown ink, added splatters with the same color re-inker, and then added touches of the gold paint to the edges and layered them within my flower cluster. I also added another Wellington Bear and the wood icon 'grow' as my title.
The flourish was coated with the brown ink, to give that corner some weight. The floral chippies, were gessoed and sprayed with the Cobalt mist, and once dry I added more gold paint here and there. I felt that the clusters needed some smaller flowers in brighter colors, so I pulled out some French Riviera flowers from my stash, and tucked them in under the clusters.
That's all for today!!
- July Kit of the Month - 49th & Market Papers, Prima Color Bloom Tea Stain, Prima Acrylic Paint Metallique Ancient Coin, Prima Stencil, 49th & Market Flowers Rustic Barn Small Blooms and Large Blooms
- Liquitex - Gesso
- Golden - Light Molding Paste
- 13 Arts Mist - Pastel Cobalt
- Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Ground Espresso
- Tim Holtz - Distress Re-inker Ground Espresso
- Prima Flowers - Florella
- Prima Flowers - French Riviera
- UmWow Studio - Floral Chippies
- Creative Embellishments - Flourish 13
- DoCraft - Wellington Die Cut Toppers Just for You
- DoCraft - Wellington Die Cut Toppers Just A Note