If I haven't mentioned it before, this kit is one of my all time favorites!! The colors....oh my!! The flowers....swoon!! Yes, a definite fave!!
I started on my background paper, by first running the black primer, through two different stencils, once dry, I ran light molding paste through the tiny circle stencil, overlapping the black gesso, here and there. Then I dipped my finger in the green-gold paint and added dots of color. Next, I sprayed on the soft teal, and also added splatters with it. I used a white sharpie to add interest to the corners of the paper.
The laser cut was treated to black primer and the green-gold paint.....I did leave a few areas without paint.
The circles were punched in various sizes from the Teresa Collins paper, and I misted each of them with the chalk grey and soft teal sprays, some on the 'A' side and some on the 'B' side, for variety. I did a bit of stamping with Archival Ink, and then added shading with the Pitt Pen and the white Sharpie, and then added more color, with splatters of the green-gold paint.
As I was playing with placement and gluing down the circles, I realized that I preferred the look of it, with the paper upside down, so I changed the orientation of my pic.
I added a few wood veneers from Prima, and then decided I needed more of a title than 'together'. So I pulled out old-as-the-hills alphas from my stash, and I added part of the title at the top circles, and finished it next to my pic. It looked a bit bare, so I went around the letters with a fine point Pitt Pen. And then I pulled out the mini prills.......LOVE!!! I glued those on with Gel Medium, spreading them all over my circles. And as a final touch, I added a few pearls.
That's all for today!!
- June Kit of the Month - Prima Salvage District Paper, Teresa Collins Collector's Edition Paper, Prima Color Bloom in Soft Teal, Prima Acrylic Paint in Opal Magic Green/Gold, 13 Arts Mist in Chalk Grey, 13 Arts Black Primer, USA Quest Mini Prills in Seas the Day, Prima Clear Stamp, Prima Salvage District Wood Veneers, Want to Scrap Pearls in Sage Green, FabScraps laser cut Clock
- Golden - Light Molding Paste
- 13 Arts - Gel Medium Matte
- Faber Castell - Pitt Artist Pens in Black
- Ranger - Archival Ink in Jet Black
- Sharpie - Paint Pen in White
- Crafter's Workshop Stencils - Mini Tiny Circles and Mini Specimens
- Webster's Pages - Alphas
- Circle Punches