I will be doing another live Ustream show for Flying Unicorn, this coming Wednesday, March 17th at 9pm. I am so excited about this project!! I was totally inspired by a recent trip to Disney World, FL, and all of the bright, bold and beautiful colors, used on some of the rides, as well as some of the restaurants we ate in. So I decided to mix this up with one of my favorite alterables.....a birdhouse.
I will be sharing all of the techniques I used, to create this tropical abode.
Including how I transformed inexpensive fabric leaves into flowers!!
Who would have thought that dollar store berry & leaf sprays could be magically changed into these gorgeous blooms!!
Oh, this little project has me thinking of spring!!!
I do hope you will join us this Wednesday for the show!!! We always have tons of fun, and of course, there's always lots of chit chat, and definitely lots of new techniques!!
- Birdhouse - Michaels
- Prima - Watercolor Paper
- 13 Arts - Primer
- Liquitex - Gesso
- Prima Color Bloom - Summer Sky, Plumeria and Frost
- 13 Arts Mist - Pastel Green
- Jacquard Lumiere Paint - Sunset Gold
- Claudine Hellmuth - Matte Medium
- Prima Flowers - Nikko Danno
- Prima Die - Leaves
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Diamond In The Rough
- EK Success Punch - Open Flower
- Flying Unicorn Adornments - Garden Pride
- Prima Embellishments - similar to Mechanicals Journey
- Tim Holtz - Ideaology Ring Fastener
- Berry Spray with Leaves - Dollar Tree